An Extension that is installed neither from Mozilla Organization nor an Inline Installation is Known as External Extension. letzNav Extensions can be distributed using Group Policy Management in server Manager.
IT Administrators can set group policies to install letzNav extensions on their corporate-managed computers.
Please make sure that the Firefox xpi package is placed on the server and is sharable across the network to make it accessible by respective users and computers. Please note the network sharable location of xpi package.
Note: The Firefox xpi package will be provisioned by letzNav CS team
Here are the steps to be followed to push letzNav add on to users or computers through Group Policy Management:
- Login to Windows 2012 Server as Administrator
- Open Server Manager, Click on Tools and then Click on Group Policy Management
- In Group Policy Management,
- Expand Forest
- In Forest, Expand Domains and choose the desired Domain name
Note: According to the requirement, respective Organization unit can be selected in place of domain name.
- Click on Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here
- Provide a name to GPO and Click on OK
- The created GPO gets added to the list under domains/Org. units accordingly. Once the GPO is added, right click on the GPO Name and Click on Edit
- Navigate to following path
- User Configuration->Preferences->Windows Settings->Registry
- Right click on the Registry and select a new Registry Item.
- Set the values in Registry Item as below and provide the appropriate Value name and Value data in the fields.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Run gpupdate to refresh the defined Group Policy.
Enable letzNav add on
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser. Click on the icon and observe the notification saying “letzNav Player is added”.
- Click on the notification to enable the add on.
- Click on Enable.
Open respective application and letzNav Player extension should appear.