Segments can be created from the admin and Items can be assigned to segments based on the requirement. To create a Segment:
- Log in to Admin
- Click on Manage
- Go to User Segmentation
- Click on Add New visible on the top right corner
- Enter Name and Description.
- Select the Segment Type. A segment can be of the following three types :
Variable: Variable takes a window variable that will be checked in the window when the page is loaded. Once the variable is found the segment is detected and related items are presented in the player window. At a time more than one segment can be connected and items related to that will be available for use.
URL: URL of the application page or a valid part of the URL can also be used to determine a segment. A valid Regular expression of the URL can also be used.
Custom Script: The custom script will take a script that will perform a required check and will return true or false that will determine a segment’s connection.
Note: Customer Success Manager will guide you as needed to understand this more in detail and will assist you according depending upon the requirement.
Adding Items to Segments
To add items to a Segment:
- Switch to Items tab as shown below:
- Add all the required Items(Workflows, Validations, Launchers,Tooltips,Announcements,Knowledge) that you wish to include as shown below:
- Click on Add
Publishing a Segment:
Once a Segment gets created by default its status would be in Draft. You can change its status to publish as shown below: