Announcements are the custom pop-ups designed to announce any new feature, version release or to provide information to the End Users. An announcement can be built with custom buttons that can launch a Workflow, Video or a Document. Announcements enable the admin to make announcements to the user when they go to the specific page. The Announcement can be for specified period and (or) when certain UI conditions are matched.
Announcements are commonly used to:
- Announce any Change Management.
- Inform Users of upcoming features
- Inform Users about the Maintenance and downtime of the application
- Promote new Software practices, events or services.
- Remind expiration of licenses of the application
- Announce any new achievements applicable to employees or company.
In order to create an Announcement, we need to create a frame to identify the page where the Announcement is to be added.
Once the frame is created a new Announcement with video can be created as follows.
- Click on Add New Announcement
- Enter Title and Content in the fields as shown below.
To Launch a Link in an Announcement
- Select Link icon from the Announcement Actions
- Select Link from the drop down under ANNOUNCE A WORKFLOW section
Note: The links in the drop down can be viewed only when the details of the links are placed in Knowledge Store and it is in Active state.
- Check the Option 'Show Dismiss Button' if you prefer to have a custom button to close the Announcement.
- Enter user defined text to appear on the Cancel Label Button.
- Check the "Announcement is Mandatory " checkbox if you want this Announcement to be made mandatory as shown below.
- Enter user define text to appear on the CHECKBOX LABEL as shown below
- Select Announcement Position
- Select Scheduling Options
- Select Timezone Type
- Select From Date and To Date.
- Click on Save
An Announcement with link is now created!
Note: To be able to launch the link from an Announcement which is in a different language other then English, the name of the link provided in the Knowledge Store must be translated to that language.Read about this article.