Announcements are the custom pop-ups designed to announce any new feature, version release or to provide information to the End Users. An announcement can be built with custom buttons that can launch a Workflow, Video or a Document. Announcements enable the admin to make announcements to the user when they go to the specific page. The Announcement can be for specified period and (or) when certain UI conditions are matched.
Announcements are commonly used to:
- Announce any Change Management.
- Inform Users of upcoming features
- Inform Users about the Maintenance and downtime of the application
- Promote new Software practices, events or services.
- Remind expiration of licenses of the application
- Announce any new achievements applicable to employees or company.
The article explains in detail about the steps to follow, to link a video to an Announcement. Did you know?Announcements can be made in different languages.
In order to create an Announcement, we need to create a frame to identify the page where the Announcement is to be added.
Once the frame is created a new Announcement with video can be created as follows.
- Click on Add New Announcement
- Enter Title and Content in the fields as shown below.
To Launch a Video in an Announcement.
- Select Video Icon from the Announcement Actions
- Select Video from the drop-down under ANNOUNCE A VIDEO section
Note: For the video to be viewed in the drop down, details of the video need to be placed in Knowledge Store and must be in Active state.
- Check the Option 'Show Dismiss Button' if you prefer to have a custom button to close the Announcement.
- Enter user defined text to appear on the Cancel Label Button.
- Check this if you want to make the Announcement mandatory as shown below
- Enter user defined text to appear on the CHECKBOX LABEL as shown below
- Select Announcement Position
- Select Scheduling Options
- Select Timezone Type
Click here to learn about how to add Timezones?
- Select From Date and To Date.
- Click on Save
You have now created an Announcement with a Video link!
Note: To be able to launch the video from an Announcement which is in a different language other then English, the name of the video provided in the Knowledge Store must be translated to that language.Read about this article.