Announcements are the custom pop-ups designed to announce any new feature, version release or to provide information to the End Users. An Announcement can be built with Custom buttons that can launch a Workflow, Video or a Document. Announcements enable the admin to make announcements to the user when they go to the specific page. The Announcement can be for specified period and (or) when certain UI conditions are matched.
Announcements are commonly used to:
- Announce any Change Management.
- Inform Users of upcoming features
- Inform Users about the Maintenance and downtime of the application
- Promote new Software practices, events or services.
- Remind expiration of licenses of the application
- Announce any new achievements applicable to employees or company.
The article explains the steps to create a simple Announcement. Did you know? Announcements can be made in different languages,read about the article.
In order to create a simple Announcement, you need to create a Frame to identify the page where the Announcement is to be added.
Once the Frame is created a new Announcement can be created as follows.
- Click on Add New Announcement
- Enter Title and Content in the fields as shown below.
To launch a simple Announcement:
- Select 'OK' Icon from the Announcement Action as shown below
- Enter user defined text in the Accept Button Label
The label is editable and can be changed as needed.
- Check the Show Dismiss Button if you prefer to have a custom button to close the Announcement.
- Enter user defined text to appear on the Cancel Label Button.
- Check the "Announcement is Mandatory" checkbox if this Announcement is to be mandatory as shown below.
- Enter user defined text to appear on the CHECKBOX LABEL as shown below
- Select Announcement Position.
- Select Scheduling Options
- Select Timezone Type
Learn more on how to add a Timezone?
- Select From Date and To Date.
- Click on Save
You have now created a simple Announcement!
To push the Launcher to End Users or to Quality Analysts,the status of the Frame on which the Launcher is placed needs to be changed.Know How to Change the Status of the Frame?